Re: [v9.2] SECURITY LABEL on shared database object

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Kohei Kaigai <kohei(dot)kaigai(at)emea(dot)nec(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] SECURITY LABEL on shared database object
Date: 2011-07-05 14:49:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar jul 05 10:19:18 -0400 2011:

> Hmm, OK. I guess what I'm not sure about is - how much should we
> worry about the fact that this creates several more shared (and
> therefore nailed?) system catalogs? Anyone have an opinion on that?

"Several"? That would worry me, given that we currently have a small
number (eight currently). If it's just one more, I don't think it's
such a big deal. I'm not sure what you mean by nailed though -- I mean,
for example pg_shdescription is shared but not nailed in the rd_isnailed
sense of the word, AFAICS.