Re: Adding Japanese README

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding Japanese README
Date: 2011-06-30 06:55:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On ons, 2011-06-29 at 18:48 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I think this needs a well-defined and sustainable *process*, not
> just a set of volunteers. I'm skeptical that a workable process can
> be devised, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

We had translated FAQs, each with a maintainer, which were massively
outdated before we removed them.

And just as another example closer to home, I can tell even without
knowing any Japanese or Chinese that doc/README.mb.big5 and
doc/README.mb.jp are so outdated that we should consider removing them
right now.