waiting for notfications on the server

From: Marc Munro <marc(at)bloodnok(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: waiting for notfications on the server
Date: 2011-06-10 19:10:26
Lists: pgsql-general

I'd like to be able to wait for notify events using a user-defined C
function. All of the examples and code I can find use libpq.

Is there some way I can synchronously wait for notify events using SPI?

Is there some reason this is a dumb idea? I wondered about the risk of
deadlocking a backend but can't see why using libpq would eliminate this
risk.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks.

__