Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !
Date: 2011-06-08 20:24:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On ons, 2011-06-08 at 21:13 +0200, damien clochard wrote:
> My general concern is : what happens if someone get the source file,
> puts his own articles (or more likely advertisment) in it ? I'd be
> uncomfortable if that new version used the same name that the original
> one.
>
> Of course, we can argue that there are different types of forks. Some
> may consider that the name should be changed only if the content is
> modified. I disagree with that. Personnally i think that (like body
> and soul) layout and content can't be separated...

If that's what you want, you should put it under a more appropriate
license. The work is currently distributed under Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike, which clearly allows adding articles or
reformatting the paper size, as long as it is marked somewhere (most
reasonably in the imprint) that modifications were made.

Perhaps you would like to add -NoDerivs or -NonCommercial to address
these concerns of yours.

Additionally, you could consider trademarking the magazine name.

Not that I necessarily recommend doing any of these, but those would be
the right steps.