Re: [PERFORM] Hash Anti Join performance degradation

From: panam <panam(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Hash Anti Join performance degradation
Date: 2011-06-01 12:40:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

Tom Lane-2 wrote:

> It looks like it ought to be an O(N^2)
> situation, so the improvement should be noticeable but not amazing.

Hm, the performance was reasonable again when doing a cluster...
So I believe this should be more a technical than an
algorithmical/complexity issue. Maybe it is the way the hashtable is built
and that order makes a difference in that case? In short: Why is clustered
data not affected?

Regards,
panam