Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date: 2011-05-29 09:17:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On sön, 2011-05-29 at 03:23 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> My own bare bones wish list for such a tracker is:
>
> * Runs on Postgres
> * Has an email interface

I will add

* Free/open source software

to that.

Here is a list to choose from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue_tracking_systems

FLOSS with PostgreSQL backend:

OTRS
Request Tracker
LibreSource
MantisBT
Redmine
Flyspray
Roundup
Bugzilla
Trac

The next step would be to investigate the email interface capabilities
of these, and then also research how difficult they are to install and
maintain, and by that time we should be down to about three that we can
try out.