Re: pipe line error (psql command)

From: jgoulet <jgoulet(at)mitre(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pipe line error (psql command)
Date: 2011-05-02 16:34:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I had a similar problem. When executing my shp2pgsql command within a bash
shell script it failed and provided me with the valid options.

Adrian Klaver, with a couple of emails back and forth, identified my error.

I had not been using single and double quotes to assign my 'command' to a
variable and then tried 'executing' the contents of the variable. This was
done for my beginner level progress monitoring and logging.

Adrian noticed a tick (`) or back quote is needed instead of the single or
double quote.

My scripts are now singing along nicely. Thank you Adrian.

Jerry