Re: Fwd: [PERFORM] Time to put theory to the test?

From: Marc Cousin <cousinmarc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: [PERFORM] Time to put theory to the test?
Date: 2011-04-26 08:44:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I had exactly the same experience 3 years ago. Complete power failure
(the stand-by generator took fire) in one small datacenter (around 500
machines). We had Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Progress, and of
course PostgreSQL. The only database engine that restarted with no
operation required was PostgreSQL. There were very minimal problems with
Oracle (typing recover on some instances), but we had quite a few
problems with the other engines.