Re: assertion failure w/extended query protocol

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: assertion failure w/extended query protocol
Date: 2012-10-19 22:37:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> So as far as I can see the new logic is correct? A quick look & test seems to
> confirm that.

I think the real problem here is just that the code was trying to be too
specific, and while your version might be more correct it's not doing
anything to fix that misjudgment. We should just make the
CreateTableAsStmt case look like the ExplainStmt case, viz

Assert(IsA(qry, Query));
if (qry->commandType == CMD_UTILITY)
return UtilityContainsQuery(qry->utilityStmt);
return qry;