pg_dumpall

From: aaronenabs <aaronenabs(at)btconnect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dumpall
Date: 2011-03-30 00:59:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi there,

I have been having problems using the pg_dumpall function. I am trying to
dump all the information on my database onto a file or view it. Actually
what am trying to achieve is by using the pg_dumpall i can view dead rows
once the db has been dumped into a file. I had a look online and tried to
run the pg_dumpall command from dos using this code:

pg_dump Test > aaron.db

but came up with this error:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin>pg_dump Test > aaron.db
Password:
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "Test" failed: FATAL:
password
authentication failed for user "Enabs"

test being the name of the database and aaron.db being the output file
wanted it to view
again am sure you might think the password authentication failed due to
password, but changed the password, tried again and still no success..

If anyone can link me to a video or example on how the pgdump works or how
to use it, i would be very grateful. Thanks