Re: When and how many times does ExecSetParamPlan executes?

From: Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: When and how many times does ExecSetParamPlan executes?
Date: 2011-03-25 19:12:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for the reply Mr. Tom.

So, I think that the function ExecSetParamPlan (as the code suggests
too) is called _once_ in any plan/expression and that should be mostly
for a sub-select query.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Since I am not able to understand this
usecase completely, a sample query which is capable of calling this
function (ExecSetParamPlan) could show some light. It would be really
kind of you / anyone to show me a query executable through psql which
can actually call ExecSetParamPlan and involves the use of a on-disk
relation.

The reason I am asking for a query which I could run on psql is that I
am using gdb to debug (and notice the steps taken by) PG.

Regards,
Vaibhav