Re: Snapshots no longer build

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Snapshots no longer build
Date: 2011-01-29 17:58:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> On 29 January 2011 11:12, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> Any idea why this is happening?

> I don't know what's causing that since I can see both of those IDs are
> present, but I should also mention that the identities those linkends
> point to should have xreflabel attributes. At the moment, it's
> reading: "Use the OSSP UUID library when building the Section F.44
> module"

Yeah, that is pretty icky, and Bruce introduced similar unpleasantness
in a bunch of places. I'm unsure that xreflabel is a good fix, though,
because there are other places where the wording is such that a
chapter/section number reference *is* appropriate, eg a parenthetical
cross-reference "(see <xref>)".

I think what we might need is to use <link linkend="xml2">xml2</link>
in the places where we want the xref to read as an incidental hyperlink
rather than a cross-reference. Comments?