Re: Postgres Crash

From: agfk <agkeahan(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Crash
Date: 2011-03-17 17:03:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane-2 wrote:

> Samuel Stearns &lt;SStearns(at)internode(dot)com(dot)au&gt; writes:
>> Yes, with gssapi.
>
> Well, then we have our smoking gun, but it's still not clear *why*
> the setsockopt() call failed.
>
> regards, tom lane

I know why it failed. I just had two independent database servers (8.4.4
and 9.0.0 on Solaris) crash AT THE SAME TIME with the exact same error.

Reason? nmap. Our system administrator ran nmap on the subnet in
question to scan for hosts with open TCP ports, which caused the
setsockopt() call to fail.

I know the bug has already been fixed, but it's good to know anyway.

--Al