Re: timestamp arithmetic

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ed L(dot)" <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: timestamp arithmetic
Date: 2004-12-17 01:24:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Ed L." <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net> writes:
> Note the queries below generate the same result regardless of the timezone input:

This isn't a bug. Per documentation:

: For timestamp [without time zone], any explicit time zone specified in
: the input is silently ignored. That is, the resulting date/time value is
: derived from the explicit date/time fields in the input value, and is
: not adjusted for time zone.

You want to use timestamp with time zone (timestamptz), I think.