Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging

From: Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: "sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net" <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "magnus(at)hagander(dot)net" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging
Date: 2021-02-01 23:08:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2021-02-01 at 18:01 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Ok.. but what's 'go' mean here? We already have views and such for GSS
> and SSL, is the idea to add another view for LDAP and add in columns
> that are returned by pg_stat_get_activity() which are then pulled out by
> that view? Or did you have something else in mind?

Magnus suggested a function like pg_get_authenticated_identity(), which
is what I was thinking of when I said that. I'm not too interested in
an LDAP-specific view, and I don't think anyone so far has asked for
that.

My goal is to get this one single point of reference, for all of the
auth backends. The LDAP mapping conversation is separate.

--Jacob