Re: [HACKERS] All things equal, we are still alot slower then MySQL?

From: José Soares <jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com>
To: Chris Bitmead <chris(at)tech(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] All things equal, we are still alot slower then MySQL?
Date: 1980-01-04 14:49:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Chris Bitmead ha scritto:

> > I am told we are the same as Ingres, and slower than Oracle with no -F,
> > and faster than Oracle with -F.
>
> What is "-F"?

from man postgres:

-F Disable an automatic fsync() call after each trans­
action. This option improves performance, but an
operating system crash while a transaction is in
progress may cause the loss of the most recently
entered data. Without the fsync() call the data is
buffered by the operating system, and written to
disk sometime later.

José