Re: Sync Rep v17

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Sync Rep v17
Date: 2011-03-02 10:40:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 15:25 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> No, I've never wished wait-forever option for now. I'd like to make
> the primary work alone when there is no connected standby, for
> high-availability.

allow_standalone_primary seems to need to be better through than it is
now, yet neither of us think its worth having.

If the people that want it can think it through a little better then it
might make this release, but I propose to remove it from this current
patch to allow us to commit with greater certainty and fewer bugs.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/