Re: Sync Rep v17

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sync Rep v17
Date: 2011-02-28 19:17:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 18:13 -0800, Daniel Farina wrote:

> I have also reproduced this. Notably, things seem fine as long as
> pgbench is confined to one backend, but as soon as two are used (-c 2)
> by the feature I can get segfaults.

Sorry that you all experienced this. I wasn't able to get concurrent
queue accesses even with -c 8, so I spent about half a day last week
investigating a possible spinlock locking flaw. That meant the code in
that area was untested, which is most obvious now. I guess that means I
should test on different hardware in future.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/