Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Phil Thompson <phil(at)river-bank(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date: 1998-04-30 18:42:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Phil Thompson <phil(at)river-bank(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I've misunderstood the protocol - and the protocol specification is
> therefore wrong (or at least incomplete) in this respect. Do you want
> to fix the spec and include your enhancements or shall I?

Yes, there are some things I thought were wrong in the programmer's guide
chapter about the FE/BE protocol. I'd be happy to submit revised text.

I haven't paid any attention yet to how the documentation is handled.
Is the stuff in the distribution under doc/src/sgml considered the
editable master text, or is it generated from some other format?
Do I need to subscribe to pgsql-docs to find out what to do? :-)