Re: [sqlsmith] Failed to generate plan on lateral subqueries

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Failed to generate plan on lateral subqueries
Date: 2015-12-11 15:58:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> Tom Lane writes:
>> [2. transitive-lateral-fixes-2.patch ]
>> [2. remove-lateraljoininfo-2.patch ]

> They seem to have fixed the issue for good now. No errors have been
> logged for 2e8 queries since applying the first patch. (The second one
> was applied later and didn't get as much exposure.)

Thanks. It's good that you tested both states of the code, since I intend
to back-patch transitive-lateral-fixes into 9.4 and 9.3, but not the
second patch.

> I guess that means I have to go back to extending the grammar again :-).

I await the results with interest. Did you note the suggestion about
trying to stress the ON CONFLICT code with this? You'd need it to
issue non-SELECT queries, which might create some reproducibility
issues...