Re: BUG #5679: pgAdminIII 1.12.0 hangs

From: iamchriskelley <iamchriskelley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5679: pgAdminIII 1.12.0 hangs
Date: 2011-02-05 17:54:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi, I'm having the same problem: Query Tool hangs pgAdminIII. I'm running
Windows 7 and first experienced the problem with pgAdmin version 1.12.0 and
postgresql 9.0.1. The bizarre thing is, the behavior persists even after a
full reinstall (both programs uninstalled, registry keys deleted, net user
account removed). I re-uninstalled the programs and upgraded to pgAdminIII
1.12.2 and postgresql 9.0.3-1, and the behavior persists.

Any suggestions? I believe the behavior started after trying to run a very
large (~100Mb) query, the product of xml2sql (to parse part of a wikipedia
dump). But that doesn't explain the persistence after reinstall, since I
also deleted all the log files (all I could find at least).

Thanks in advance,
Chris