Re: Github commit messages to pgsql-www

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Github commit messages to pgsql-www
Date: 2011-01-26 14:14:33
Lists: pgsql-www

Excerpts from Magnus Hagander's message of mar ene 25 16:55:20 -0300 2011:
> What do we want to do with them...
>
> Andrew has set it up for the bulidfarm client code, and it does work,
> except they get caught in the moderator queue - becuase they are sent
> from noreply(at)github(dot)com(dot) The way I see it we have a couple of options
> for making this work:
>
> 1) Whiltelist noreply(at)github(dot)com(dot) We have no way of controlling this
> though, so *anybody* with a github repo can have it sent there, and
> they all come from the same address. I don't think we can whitelist on
> the combination of email and some part of the email,thus filtering
> based on repo.
>
> 2) Just moderate the commit messages as they show up.

As a pgsql-committers moderator I am not happy with #2. It would be a
lot better if we could somehow do #1 coupled with some filtering that
only allows selected projects to go through unmoderated. However, I
spent some time looking at Mj2 settings yesterday without success.

Could we do #3 but instead of moving the primary to git.pg.org just have
a hook or cron'ed task that pushes from github (or pulls from it)?