Re: SSI and Hot Standby

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dan Ports <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: SSI and Hot Standby
Date: 2011-01-20 01:21:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 19:05 -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Here's an issue for feedback from the community -- do we want to
> support truly serializable transactions on hot standby machines?

In this release? Maybe? In later releases? Yes.

If it blocks your excellent contribution in this release, then from me,
"no". If you can achieve this in this release, yes. However, if this is
difficult or complex, then I would rather say "not yet" quickly now,
than spend months working out the weirdnesses and possibly still get
them wrong.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/