Problem with select statement for duplicate data

From: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with select statement for duplicate data
Date: 2010-12-21 09:35:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All

I am trying to runt he following select statement on a table in
order search for duplicate rows in the table

select column1,column2,column3,count() from table group
by column1,column2,column3 having count() > 1;

This however gives me the following error:

ERROR: count(*) must be used to call a parameterless
aggregate function

Does anybody know what the correct statement or syntax is in
postgres in order to run the same type of query?

I need to go through 974 tables to look for duplicate rows
in all the tables, however struggling to get this command right.

Regards
Machiel