Re: Extensions, patch 22 (cleanup, review, cleanup)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions, patch 22 (cleanup, review, cleanup)
Date: 2010-12-20 22:38:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Dimitri Fontaine's message of lun dic 20 18:35:44 -0300 2010:
> Hi,
>
> From last round of review from Robert and Álvaro, here's the patch
> version 22. Changes:

I noticed this bit in the docs:

The admin
function <link linkend="functions-extension">pg_extension_flag_dump</link>
can be used to revert the default <literal>pg_dump</literal> policy
about objects that belong to an extension and force the flagged objects
to be part of the backups.

However, the code to that function contains this bit:

/*
* CREATE EXTENSION is superuser only and we check we're in that code
* path, so we don't add another explicit check for superuser here.
*/
if (!create_extension)
ereport(ERROR,
(errmsg("this function can only be used from CREATE EXTENSION")));

So presumably this shouldn't be documented because it cannot be called
anyway?

To be honest I don't understand the purpose of this part of the patch.

I attach some minor fixes while reading it over. I compiled but didn't
run it :-)

Attachment Content-Type Size
extension-fixes.patch application/octet-stream 9.6 KB