how do I DROP this CONSTRAINT?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)rdw(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how do I DROP this CONSTRAINT?
Date: 2001-02-20 12:49:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings!

Well, here is the problem:
A "production" table has a CHECK left from "development" days and I need
to delete it. It is not a foreign key, just a silly limit on a field's
value.
Of course, I can perform a CREATE/DROP/RENAME ritual, but would
rather not, as the table is large and it is referenced by other
tables.
I browsed the manual and found that CHECK's are kept in pg_relcheck
and their count in pg_class.

So, the question:
Can I just delete the record in pg_relcheck, decrement the counter
in pg_class and enjoy the results or will it have undesirable
side-effects?

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru