Re: Author names in source files

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Author names in source files
Date: 2010-12-03 03:38:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of vie dic 03 00:15:28 -0300 2010:
> Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> > I found there are some author names in some of source files.
> > Will we keep their names? And, will we add new author names
> > who wrote patches for those files?
> >
> > src/backend/postmaster/syslogger.c(15) : * Author: Andreas Pflug
> > src/backend/utils/adt/genfile.c(9) : * Author: Andreas Pflug
> > src/backend/utils/adt/oracle_compat.c(7): * Author: Edmund Mergl
> > src/backend/utils/adt/txid.c(14) : * Author: Jan Wieck, Afilias USA INC.
>
> When someone writes a file from scratch, we usually keep their name on
> it so we remember the original author.

The reason Takahiro-san is asking the question is because one of
Dimitri's patches adds a function to genfile.c, and add his name to the
"Author" field while at it. So answering the second part of the
question is important. I take it your answer to that is "no".