Re: Postgres service won't start, doesn't log any errors

From: 100-eti <100-eti(at)csc-scc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres service won't start, doesn't log any errors
Date: 2010-11-29 20:23:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Joe,

I'm seeing the exact same thing when I do a fresh installation of Postgres
9.0 on either a 2008 installation or a 2003 installation. In both cases I
ensure the entire directory structure is owned by postgres and I've even
made postgres a member of the local Administrators group with the same
result.

Have you had any more luck resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Roger