Re: [pgsql-www] Tasks for the Google Code-In

From: Jean-Christophe Arnu <jcarnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Tasks for the Google Code-In
Date: 2010-11-06 23:04:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Le samedi 06 novembre 2010 à 15:47 -0700, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Selena, All,
>
> OK, I just talked to Carol about this and apparently they do get
> desingerly and markety teenagers as well as programming geeks. So we
> should come up with a list of tasks assocated with advocacy stuff. For
> example:
>
> a) Design a new "About PostgreSQL" flyer
> b) redo the "About" section of the web site
> c) create a simple webapp to support reference users / case studies
> d) Design a cool new postgresql t-shirt
> e) Create a list of OSS applications which already support Postgres
> f) ???

Hi all,
a 2¢ contrib :

f) CTO oriented papers ?
«this one intends to highlight PostgreSQL interests from different point
of view (ROI, technical, infrastructure, business/SW editors)»

g) Success stories with PostgreSQL (link with the webapp reference/case
studies ?)
Think (also) about regional targetted success stories. For my own point
of view, relaying that a french institution publically and successfully
uses PG is a better argument than Fujitsu's sponsorship. Success stories
are collected by local PUGs but could be relayed to an broader place ?
There's more hits from france on pg.org than on pg.fr (well I
gess...) ;) I my thoughts the avereage guy might be interested in
knowing « which business, which institudion uses PostgreSQL in my
area ?».

Sorry if out of scope ...
--
Jean-Christophe Arnu