Re: BUG #5707: Cross compilation for windows is broken

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Evans <richard(dot)evans(at)datanomic(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5707: Cross compilation for windows is broken
Date: 2010-10-29 21:08:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of vie oct 29 13:23:39 -0300 2010:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> > Excerpts from Richard Evans's message of mar oct 12 12:48:45 -0300 2010:
> >
> >> When cross compiling for Windows using a separate build area, libpq.dll does
> >> not build because the .def file cannot be found.
> >>
> >> This appears to be caused by these lines in Makefile.shlib:
> >
> > Hmm, apparently this was made to work here:
> > http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=26af72b4
> >
> > and subsequently broken later:
> > http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=234c7ce9
> >
> > I think the real fix is to make the DEF files be generated in the
> > builddir, to complete the intention of the latter patch.
>
> Is anyone working on that?

Not me. I tried, but mingw32-gcc doesn't work out of the box for me,
because configure is not testing for the right accept() arguments.
That's what I can do with the time I can dedicate to a problem like this
right now (i.e. not much).