Re: psql -c "select * from a-user-name-that-exist fails

From: lalebarde <l(dot)alebarde(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql -c "select * from a-user-name-that-exist fails
Date: 2010-09-24 13:59:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Josh Kupershmidt wrote:

> But there's something suspicious about the sequence of events you
> posted:
I could connect only with the postgres role.

To answer your requests :
# which createdb
/usr/bin/createdb
# which createuser
/usr/bin/createuser
# createdb --version
createdb (PostgreSQL) 8.4.4
# createuser --version
createuser (PostgreSQL) 8.4.4

Thanks for the non-reboot tip. I am very tired : I shoud have figured out
that the advice from PostgreSQL doc to reboot was for windows machines.
Blame on me. I really don't like to reboot because I loose my histories in
the many terminals I have. Usually, I suspend my system during months
without rebooting.