Re: gSoC add MERGE command new patch -- merge_v104

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gSoC add MERGE command new patch -- merge_v104
Date: 2010-08-26 10:15:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 18:23 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 08:11:18AM +0800, Boxuan Zhai wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> >
> > The concurrency issues are not involved. I don't know much about
> > this part. I think we need more discussion on it.
>
> I seem to recall Simon had volunteered some of 2ndQuadrant's time on
> this. :)

I have offered to work on the concurrency issues, though that will be
after the main body of work is committed to avoid wasting effort. That
seems increasingly likely to happen in next release now, given state of
patch and what looks like a very short dev window for 9.1. This is one
reason why I'm in favour of bringing something to commit as early as
possible, so the additional aspects can be added later.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com