FullTextIndex Problems on Update

From: Alexander Schneider <alex(at)alexander-schneider(dot)de>
Subject: FullTextIndex Problems on Update
Date: 1999-06-15 12:21:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry, but I didn´t know that I have to submit my questions through the
account I receive this list. :-)

Here is the original message again:

I compiled the "FTI"-source from /contrib/fulltextindex and everything
works well until I make an update of a row. After this everything is
deleted and the new content is not added.

These are the statements I used:

create function fti() returns opaque as '/usr/bin/fti.so' language 'C';

create index cds_fti_idx1 on cds_fti (string);
create index cds_fti_idx2 on cds_fti (string,id);

create index title_idx1 on title (oid);

create trigger cds_fti_tr_fname after update or insert or delete on title
for each row execute procedure fti(cds _fti, cdsname);
create trigger cds _fti_tr_kbeschr after update or insert or delete on
title for each row execute procedure fti(cds_fti, description);
create trigger cds _fti_tr_beschr after update or insert or delete on
title for each row execute procedure fti(cds_fti, longdescr);

I wanted to search all three fields and am not fluent in C so I don´t
know if one can only full-text-index one field of a table.

Tanx for any help
Alexander Schneider