Re: Financial Support for US PostgreSQL Groups

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Financial Support for US PostgreSQL Groups
Date: 2010-08-10 05:10:42
Lists: sfpug

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 17:17 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>
> Thanks! Glad to know that's there for the next time we do a special event.
>
> > * There is only 1000.00 USD available in total per calendar month.
> > First come, first serve.
>
> $12,000 per year? That's quite a bit. I have some suggestions on what
> this could be spent on:
>
> a) meetup.com memberships for any PUG which wants them, since we don't
> have another solution for calendaring/RSVPs.
>
> b) PUG "getting started" money which pays for food etc. for new PUGs.
> In general, I think your emphasis should be on supporting new/struggling
> PUGs rather than well-established ones like SFPUG which can look after
> themselves.
>
> c) Special events, like once-a-year PGDays.

PgUS has taken the position that it is up to the PUG to determine if
they would like Financial support and what for. We just set a budget.
Obviously if demand increases we will put some constraints in so that we
can spread the wealth across all who needs it but beyond that, the only
rules that are currently laid out are here:

https://www.postgresql.us/node/116

So if SFPUG has something they want or need, just follow the rules
above. If not, shrug :D it is there should you want it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor