Re: MERGE Specification

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: MERGE Specification
Date: 2010-08-05 11:25:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 12:29 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 05/08/10 10:46, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 21:08 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> >> The following two files specify the behaviour of the MERGE statement and
> >> how it will work in the world of PostgreSQL.
> >
> >> The HTML file was generated from SGML source, though the latter is not
> >> included here for clarity.
> >
> > Enclose merge.sgml docs for forthcoming MERGE command, as originally
> > written.
>
> Oh, cool, I wasn't aware you had written that already. Boxuan, please
> include this in your patch, after reviewing and removing/editing
> anything that doesn't apply to your patch.

Also had these fragments as well, if they're still useful. Probably just
useful as pointers as to what else to change to include the docs.

The tests and docs were written from SQL standard, so any deviations
would need to be flagged. The idea of writing the tests first was that
they provide an objective test of whether the implementation works
according to spec.

I'd quite like a commentary on anything that needs changing. Not saying
I will necessarily object to differences, but knowing the differences
sounds important for us.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size