Re: Beta4 release announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta4 release announcement
Date: 2010-08-02 16:58:13
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 12:50 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:
> > I agree - revoking moderation privileges for approving a valid message there with no "don't do that yet" attached on any list seems completely wrong(are we going to revoke commit provs from every commiter who ever commited something that has a bug?).
>
> Allow me to be the first to hope NOT.

Well I will certainly second but frankly there is no need to. It isn't
going to happen. It is unfortunate that tempers flared over such a
simple thing.

Perhaps we should instead be proud of the accomplishments of Beta4. Let
us promote those instead of being pride full and making silly demands
that stand to do nothing but deter would be contributors.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor