Sqldf - error message

From: "Marvelde, Luc te" <L(dot)teMarvelde(at)nioo(dot)knaw(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Marvelde, Luc te" <L(dot)teMarvelde(at)nioo(dot)knaw(dot)nl>
Subject: Sqldf - error message
Date: 2009-11-20 14:18:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All!

I just discovered sqldf and im very enthousiastic, as I am a big fan of
R and I often get frustrated using Access for datamanagement.

I tried running some queries from Access in R, and it works very well.
However, I have problems with some queries.

If I run this SQL query:

> sqldf("SELECT
+ dbo_tbl_Terrein.RingCentraleNaam,
+ dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID
+ FROM ((dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie
+ INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Broedsels ON dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie.BroedselID =
dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID)
+ INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Nestkasten ON dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie.NestkastID =
dbo_tbl_Nestkasten.NestkastID)
+ INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Terrein ON dbo_tbl_Nestkasten.TerreinNummer =
dbo_tbl_Terrein.TerreinNummer
+ WHERE (((dbo_tbl_Terrein.RingCentraleNaam)='Oosterhout a/d Waal'));")

I get the following message:

Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) :
RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such column:
dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID)

( I also tried removing the 'dbo_tbl_' part of the dataframe names, but
still the same problem occurred)

Now ofcoarse I looked on google, because I was sure someone would have
had the same problem.. And yes, I found this website...

http://code.google.com/p/sqldf/

They say:
This happens when you try to use variable with a dot in it (as dots have
special meaning to SQL) or if you try to use SQL92 reserved keywords.
SQLite/RSQLite replaces dots with underscores and changes keywords words
so that they can be used. The keywords in question can be found by
entering the following at the R command line:
.SQL92Keywords

In this list of keywords, i cannot find any word that is close to the
error... So, i was wondering if someone knows how to solve it.
preferably i do not want to change all variable names, as these names
come from the 'big main database' of the institute.

The site also says that SQLite/RSQLite can fix the problem... but then
when i look in their help, i cannot see how i can easily use those
commands...

Anyone?

Kind regards,

Luc te Marvelde