Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Michal Szymanski <dyrex(at)poczta(dot)onet(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Date: 2010-05-31 18:49:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 01:29 -0700, Michal Szymanski wrote:
> Currently we use Debian, but it chosen by our OS admnistrator. Now we
> can change our OS and it is question what Linux edition will be the
> best. We would like have access to new versions of Postgres as soon
> as possible, for Debian sometimes we had to wait many weeks for
> official packages.

It is not "many" weeks actually -- it is just their QA policy.

Anyway, I've been running an RPM repository, which has up2date packages,
which are releases on the same date as PostgreSQL updates are releases.
You may want to consider it, if you are familiar with CentOS,RHEL or
Fedora:

http://yum.pgrpms.org

Regards,Currently we use Debian, but it chosen by our OS admnistrator.

--
Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>