Re: Zeus IOPS

From: Brad Nicholson <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Zeus IOPS
Date: 2010-05-31 13:06:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 13:48 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives? They get
> good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
> last year or so.
>
> http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php

I'd heard that they were a popular choice in the Enterprise market, but
that was around 6 months ago or so, and purely anecdotal.

Seems strange though for them to disappear off the radar when SSD
related information is becoming so prevalent. That could just be an
effect of all the noise around the non-Enterprise grade SSD's floating
around though.

--
Brad Nicholson 416-673-4106