Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect()

From: Andrew McMillan <andrew(at)morphoss(dot)com>
To: Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect()
Date: 2010-05-27 23:19:15
Lists: pgsql-php

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:30 -0400, Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca wrote:

> Hi,
> I created a php page and the code connects to my postgres database and
> do stuff...
> that works well when launched from a browser
>
> But it doesn't from a command line
> PHP myFile.php
>
> I get this error
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect()
>
> It seems that php.exe does not recognize postgres functions.
>
> In \ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\php.ini I have this:
> extension=php_pgsql.dll and this dll is in \ms4w\Apache\php\ext

When you run PHP from the command line you will be using a different
php.ini, and it's that one that you need to find and add the above line
to.

> PATH variable contains this
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin;
>

> phpinfo() launched via a browser give me this

Try launching phpinfo() from a command line.

PHP -r 'phpinfo();'

Not that I've used it on Windows, but that's certainly how it works on
Linux.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Chicken Little only has to be right once.