Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance
Date: 2010-05-04 16:19:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 18:10 +0200, Erik Rijkers wrote:
> It would be interesting if anyone repeated these simple tests and
> produced
> evidence that these non-HS.
>
> (Unfortunately, I have at the moment not much time for more testing)

Would you be able to make those systems available for further testing?

First, I'd perform the same test with the systems swapped, so we know
more about the symmetry of the issue. After that, would like to look
more into internals.

Is it possible to setup SytemTap and dtrace on these systems?

Thanks, either way.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com