Re: DRAFT beta release announcement

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DRAFT beta release announcement
Date: 2010-04-27 20:01:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 14:38 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> DATE: The first beta release of PostgreSQL version 9.0 is now
> available. Version 9.0 is the first version of PostgreSQL to include
> built-in real-time binary database replication with query scale-out,
> consisting of two features, "Hot Standby" and "Streaming Replication".
> Combining that with its other major features, this release will expand
> adoption of PostgreSQL by new users and in new types of applications.

How about "Along with it's other major features..."?

I like the focus on replication and the terminology in the second
sentence.

> This release is a beta version. This means that it is expected to have
> bugs, issues, and missing documentation. 9.0 beta is being released so
> that our users will find those issues and allow eliminating them before
> the final release. All PostgreSQL users are emphatically requested to
> download and test version 9.0 to help us produce a timely and more
> trouble-free 9.0 release.

I would remove or replace the word "emphatically". It sounds a little
overstated, especially because the sentence is passively worded.

I'd also remove the word "more" and just say "trouble-free 9.0 release".

Regards,
Jeff Davis