Re: Installing plpgsql proc language

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Juan F Diaz <j-diaz(at)publicar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing plpgsql proc language
Date: 2003-08-20 18:24:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Juan F Diaz <j-diaz(at)publicar(dot)com> writes:
> [whatever:/wherever] createlang plpgsql dbo
> ERROR: Load of file /Library/PostgreSQL/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so
> failed: no error message available

> any help would be greatly appreciated (i run postgre under mac os x
> 10.2.6 client)

Sorry about the lack of useful error message :-( --- the original coding
for our dynamic-loader support on OS X didn't bother to handle error
message feedback, and we didn't remember to finish it for awhile.

If you don't mind compiling your own version, get the latest version of
src/backend/port/dynloader/darwin.c from our CVS server (or 7.4beta1).
It should drop into any recent PG release, and then you can find out
what condition is hiding behind the "no error message available".