Re: PostgreSQL Linux Distro

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Carel Combrink <s25291930(at)tuks(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Linux Distro
Date: 2010-04-14 08:40:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 09:29 +0200, Carel Combrink wrote:
> What other distros should I consider. It looks like it must be
> between CentOS, Fedora and RedHat Enterprise.

Fedora is not a good option, unless you are willing to update your
server once a year. RHEL or CentOS is better in terms of long term
support.

> Does these have updated (to the latest release) repositories of the
> required software.

Yes. RHEL 5.5 ships with PostgreSQL 8.4 (it was only 8.1 until that
release). Also, there are RPMs for RHEL/CentOS: http://yum.pgrpms.org

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org