Re: PostgreSQL 9.0alpha4: openSolaris 10 x86 snv_134: configure issues: C compiler cannot create executables

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bjorn Munch <Bjorn(dot)Munch(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.0alpha4: openSolaris 10 x86 snv_134: configure issues: C compiler cannot create executables
Date: 2010-03-29 08:03:54
Lists: pgsql-testers

There is my answer. I hope that it helps:

You use own tools in /usr/local like grep and so on. But all these tools
are already on the system in /usr/gnu/bin directory. Most of them are
patched for better integration with solaris. Use own compiled version is
risky and IIRC only gmake is what you really need for build. All other
original Solaris tools works fine.

I run buildfarm on Solaris snv and it works fine. You can see
configuration here:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=luna_moth&dt=2010-03-26%2022:06:00

Zdenek