Re: Mammoth in Core?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mammoth in Core?
Date: 2010-01-19 22:34:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 21:55 +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,

> So, that's what I'd recommend the Mammoth developers to do as well:
> cherry-picking, sort of. Maybe that fulfills one or the other item on
> our wish-list (in one way or another)...

I doubt we are going to spend the time to do that. Mammoth is BSD and
open source. If people want to jump in and help, that would be
interesting, but on our own... it isn't on our priority list.

Our priority list with mammoth is simple.

Finish 1.9

Fix things we know the community as hackers (not feature set) will grump
about.

Make it work on 8.4 ad 8.5

But again, as Tom says... none of this is relevant until 8.5 is released
at which point, we can talk about all of this again. Hopefully 1.9 will
be done by then.

Done.

Joshua D. Drake