problem in restoring database when connected via named socket

From: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem in restoring database when connected via named socket
Date: 2010-01-12 09:34:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,
I am connected to a local postgresql server via named pipe instead of
tcp/ip socket, i.e., I did not specify the hostname while creating the
connection.

No, when I try to restore a database, the command fail since the
"hostname" argument is missing. This is the error message I get:

/usr/bin/pg_restore -i -h -p 5439 -U giuseppe -d proteus -v
"/home/giuseppe/Desktop/migrazione saronno/saronno-proteus.pgdump"
pg_restore: [archiviatore] could not open input file "5439": No such
file or directory

the problem being that pg_restore use "-p" as hostname since it is just
after "-h" option, then "4539" is used as file name since it is the
first non option argument.

Of course, I imported my dump using command line pg_restore. Using the
very same line, without "-h".

Is this a known problem of pgadmin? Should I file it somewhere?

Bye,
Giuseppe