Re: We need to rethink relation cache entry rebuild

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: We need to rethink relation cache entry rebuild
Date: 2010-01-10 11:25:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I mentioned earlier that buildfarm member jaguar (that's the one that
> builds with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS) was showing suspicious intermittent
> failures. There's another one today:
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jaguar&dt=2010-01-08%2004:00:02

Thanks for looking into that; I'm sorry that I was too busy on HS things
and was forced to hand back when the issue occurred earlier.

> What I have in mind is to rewrite RelationClearRelation

That sounds like it is an isolated fix, so that's good from where I'm
sitting.

I will leave off coding anything around VFI until this is done. I was
realistically around 2 weeks from doing that anyway, so I don't foresee
any delay for HS.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com