creating type

From: rifki <rifki(at)comlabs(dot)itb(dot)ac(dot)id>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: creating type
Date: 2003-06-19 04:03:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,
i am trying to make a new type for my application. Which happen to be a structure of this kind: <text,timestamp>.
It is said that on creating types, function which convert external form of the type to internal form, and vice versa, should be created first. I don't get the picture. Can anybody explain to me, especially about the internal form of the type ? What is external form, and what is internal form ? And perhaps, anybody can give an example script of creating type(s) including one of the INPUT/OUTPUT function? so that i can get the picture better.

thank you very much,
regards,
rifki
+ open mind, open heart, act ! +

This message was sent using DeskNow Lite - Free mail & collaboration server
http://www.desknow.com