Re: XML schemas and PG column names

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: XML schemas and PG column names
Date: 2009-12-12 21:44:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On lör, 2009-12-12 at 11:51 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> It is certainly legal per XML and XSD specs, and the SQL/XML spec has
> annotations using appinfo elements. It would be rather surprising if
> the
> SQL/XML spec forbade annotations such as I propose. The spec is
> mind-bogglingly impenetrable, though. Perhaps Peter or Nicholas might
> know.

I think we can of course add our own annotations. It would be good to
go through the SQL/XML standard document and check what style they use
for their annotations so that we can structure and name ours similarly
and have room for future work, in case someone also wants annotations
for table names, schema names, etc. (Or was that part of your project as
well?)